It’s natural for our bodies to undergo changes as we age, and especially after giving birth.
But even though it’s natural, these changes can be quite frustrating and even lower our self-esteem!
In this post, we zoom in on five common trouble zones on our bodies that we struggle to get rid of.
More importantly, we recommend what’s the best shapewear from our collection to target these trouble zones so you can reclaim your confidence and never feel insecure about your body again!
What causes a hanging belly?
Hanging belly (also known as ‘apron belly’ and ‘mother’s apron’) is caused by two factors: weight gain or pregnancy. When either of this happens, fats at your belly area will expand and accumulate in the omentum —an apron-like flap in front of your intestines and under your abdominal muscles.
Recommended products to target hanging belly
- Classic 11 and Taupe 11 - These 11.5” waist trainers provide full tummy coverage so nothing hangs out. Recommended for postpartum mommies!
- Not Granny’s Briefs - Underwear that flattens your flattens belly and shapes you up? You best believe it! Plus, its brief-cut guarantees comfort.
What causes love handles?
If you wear tight pants and find that the fats at your hips 'spill' out, then you have love handles. They're caused by accumulated fat deposits at your hips and abdomen, and becomes more pronounced as we age.
Recommended products to target love handles
- Classic 11 and Taupe 11 - These 11.5” waist trainers cover your sides fully so no love handles are formed.
- Classic 9 and Taupe 9 - Recommended for those of you below 165cm with shorter torsos.
- Super Sculpting High-Waisted Shorts - Covers your sides and best for everyday, casual wear.
- Super Sculpting Full Body - Provides 360° body coverage and comfy for all day wear.
What causes an expanding waistline?
As we’ve written in a previous blog post, it’s determined by 3 factors: the amount of calories you consume, the amount of calories burned, and your age.
It’s natural for our waistlines to expand as we age, but sometimes it can get really frustrating. It might even destroy our confidence!
Recommended products to target an expanding waistline
- Classic 9 - All our waist trainers can target your expanding waistline, but you can’t go wrong with our bestselling Classic 9. This 9” waist trainer is shorter and offers better mobility, especially for those with shorter torsos.
What causes back fats?
Similar to why your waistline expands, back fats are caused by too many calories consumed, ageing, and even poor posture. This makes your back wrinkle, bunch up, and bulge.
Recommended products to target back fats
- Taupe 9 and Taupe 11 - They’re the only waist trainers that cover your upper back.
- Super Sculpting Full Body Suit - This is the only shapewear in our #WaistlabWear collection provides full body coverage, including your upper back.
What causes thunder thighs?
When women gain weight, it tends to accumulate at your thighs, hips, and butt. It’s nice and sexy to be thick, but it’s uncomfortable when your thighs constantly rub against each other which can cause chafing.
Recommended products to target thunder thighs
- Not Granny’s Shorts - Think of this as boyshort panties for women that prevent your thighs from rubbing and chafing.
- Super Sculpting Mid-Waisted Shorts and Super Sculpting High-Waisted Shorts - These mid-compression shaper shorts can prevent your thighs from chafing. Plus they can be worn daily!