If health really is wealth, you’d be motivated to keep yourself free from illnesses and diseases...but are you doing your best?
Like many others, I, too, am guilty of not making health a priority. And sometimes, I just don’t know where to begin!
Fortunately, the Chinese zodiac can offer some pretty interesting and useful insights to help you prepare for the year ahead. Read on to find out what your health forecast is; this could potentially save you a trip to the doctor in the future!
A word of caution: some of them are quite ominous...
Impending operations, the onset of illnesses, risk of breathing problems...these are just some of the ominous predictions for the signs. But no worries -- treat them like tiny molehills that you can overcome.
So what exactly is the forecast for each of the signs?
Let’s have a look:
Born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020
- You will be active and preoccupied with work
- However, you need to remember not to over-exert yourself in physical activities that could cause injuries to lower parts of your body
- Focus on getting adequate rest and eating a healthy diet
Born in 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
- You might have experienced a recent improvement or recovery from illness
- Continue to look forward to more positive things ahead
- “Rest if one must but do not give up easily”
Born in 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
- Sufferers from hay-fever or breathing symptoms are going through a rough time during this period. Best to avoid dusty, hot and humid places for the time being.
- Remember to consume plenty of nourishing drinks and supplements that help to strengthen one’s lungs and nerve system
- Avoid deep fried foods, fizzy drinks and chocolates, and try to get plenty of rest.
Born in 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
- For those that love running about in the open and enjoying the carefree lifestyle, please be careful of extreme and dangerous sporting activities. You might have been lucky many times in the past but not forever.
- On the other hand, for those who do not engage enough in any exercise, you are advised to take up some basic form of exercise before it is too late.
Born in 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012
- Remember to remain calm and relaxed when faced with tricky situations, whether it concerns one’s health, loved ones or family members. Everything has a purpose and hopefully, time will reveal the true reason behind it.
- In the meantime, you should continue to progress and take good care of your health rather than worry over the issue. There must be time for work, play, rest and enjoyment to make your life cycle complete.
Born in 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
- You should pay a bit more attention to your health rather than worrying over loved ones. Otherwise, both parties will suffer the consequence. Do not neglect your health and mental state.
Born in 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014
- If you’re an energetic person, you will feel great discomfort if you suddenly find yourself confined to a bed, wheelchair or crutches during this period.
- This could be prevented provided you’ve taken additional safety precautions when participating in any challenging outdoor activities. Try to take things moderately rather than to the extreme limits.
Born in 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015
- Beware of accidents either from driving, mountain climbing or scuba diving especially for those involved in competitions.
- Do not take things for granted and try not to underestimate each and every situation. If you’re not careful, you’re likely to suffer from injuries to your shoulders or thighs
Born in 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016
- Constant exercise will help to preserve your health from rapid deterioration.
- The other important factor to bear in mind is drinking sufficient plain water throughout the day to help flush out waste from the body. This will also help to maintain your youth
Born in 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017
- Do not hesitate in deciding whether or not to go ahead with the operation, no matter how minor it could be at this stage. If you choose to delay it for some reason, the symptoms could become too acute to operate.
- Worrying at this stage is not going to help. In fact, it could accelerate the deterioration of your health due to emotional stress. Understanding the situation will help to alleviate some of the unfounded fears or misunderstandings.
Born in 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018
- Do not let a recent discovery of some potentially terminal illness make you lose all hope of survival. There are still chances, no matter how small at the moment, but you should continue fighting the illness.
- Try to have some faith in modern medical technology. You will never know when a new medical breakthrough is around the corner.
- You still need to pay attention to your diet and drinks.
Born in 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019
- Impatience in dealing with the needy, loved ones or family members will not help to improve your health. Such impatience will raise your stress levels and can be detrimental to your health if the situation is left unnoticed.
- Try to look on the brighter side of things. Realise that you’re fortunate enough at this stage to be able to provide help to others, rather than being on the receiving end.
Of course, these are all just predictions and speculations…
And you’re right! Even if you don’t believe in it, it’s pretty fun discovering your forecast and comparing it with your family and friends’ signs.
Don’t worry if the prediction for your sign doesn’t look pretty; it’s just a prediction after all. You can definitely have a year that’s the total opposite of what was predicted!
Whether you consult the zodiac or an actual doctor about your health, the age-old adage remains: health is indeed wealth.
One way for us to make sure we keep up with our health is by relaxing because it is key to staying healthy. For tips on how to relax, you can refer to our post here where we share about slow living as one of the big lifestyle trends of 2020!