We have 2 collections of waist trainers here at Waistlab that come in 2 different lengths: the Classics and the Taupes.
It’s important to know the differences between the two as they serve different functions depending on your needs.
Not sure which to get? Or maybe you’re thinking of switching to another waist trainer? Read on to find out more!
Should I get the Classic waist trainer?
There’s 2 types of Classic waist trainers: Classic 9 and Classic 11. The former is 9” in length, while the latter is 11.5” long.
Generally, the Classic collection is more suitable for daily, casual use. It’s also recommended to wear it during your workouts as your movements won’t be restricted as compared to a Taupe waist trainer.
You should get the Classic waist trainer if:
- You want a waist trainer to workout in.
- You’re totally new to waist training and want something beginner-friendly.
- You’re looking for a waist trainer that’s flexible enough for daily wear.
Should I get the Taupe waist trainer?
The Taupe is Waistlab’s collection of waist trainer vests. Waist trainer vests are different from regular waist trainers like the Classic because they provide full coverage for your upper body.
They also come with fully adjustable straps.
You should get the Taupe waist trainer if:
- You want full coverage to hide your upper back fats.
- You’re looking for a 360° sauna-like effect and maximum support.
- You tend to slouch a lot.
Should I get the 9-inch or 11.5-inch waist trainer?
This depends on your torso length.
If you have a short torso, go with the 9-inch waist trainers (Classic 9).
Conversely, if you have a long torso, then go with the 11.5-inch waist trainers (Classic 11 or Taupe 11).
While there is no exact benchmark lengths for what is considered a ‘short’ or ‘long’ torso, this is an estimated guide based on our four years of experience with our #WomenOfWaistlab:
- Short torso: Your height is lower than 158cm.
- Long torso: Your height is above 158cm.
If your goal is to fully cover your tummy pouch, then an 11.5” waist trainer like the Classic 11 or the Taupe 11 would be best.
View our waist trainer collection here.
Which waist trainer should postpartum moms get?
Waistlab’s Classic collection is a better choice for postpartum moms.
Most postpartum moms either want to lose their post-pregnancy weight or repair their diastasis recti. They also want a waist trainer that doesn’t restrict their movements as much especially when they breastfeed their babies.
This is why Waistlab’s Classic collection is recommended for postpartum moms!
We Accept One-Time Exchanges!
Don’t worry if you got the wrong type of waist trainer or wrong size because we accept one-time exchanges!
Here’s how to request for an exchange:
- Contact us within 7 days of receiving your shapewear.
- Your shapewear must be unwashed and in its original condition with all tags attached. Please ensure there’s no smells, creases or tears.
- Prepare your order number, your waistline measurements (in cm and inches), and the new size or product you’d like to exchange to.
You can also change to a new product, but do note that you will cover the price difference.
If you still have a question about waist trainers, you can send us a DM (Direct Message) on Instagram (@waistlab.co) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy waist training!